Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Touching Gesture III

My fellow service officers and the whole South Asia team (where I'm in), gave me a mini 'surprise' birthday party last Friday, complete with cake.

Actually, I was not really 'surprised' because my table is near the pantry. So whatever action there is inside the pantry (ie preparation for the 'party' etc), I could practically hear it and see it at the corner of my eye.

Still, I was pretty touched because they took the time and effort to prepare a small gathering for me. And as I've mentioned, quite a number of people gathered in the pantry, which was overwhelming since I'm not used to being the center of attention.

One major giveaway was when one of the managers approached me and said the big boss wanted to talk to me in the pantry. It was a giveaway primarily because whenever the big boss wants to talk to me, she would just send me instant messages or simply go to my table. So his statement was weird and pretty obvious (even if I hadn't already known about it).


No comments: