Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Coffeecat, Your Coffeecat, Our Coffeecat
















After two months of waiting, I was finally able to visit Coffeecat in Davao.

Prior to my visit, I've actually been looking at their website->www.yourcoffeecat.com<- and it's amazing to see that the place was not only nice in the photos, but also on the actual location.

The place is bright, clean and chic. It's not like the usual coffee shop where it's crowded, dim-all over and noisy. There's an al fresco area, section with comfy couches, area with cool black and white chairs, and also an area with slightly dimmer lights for barkadas who would like to chill, or for couples who would like to enjoy each others company while sipping their lovely drinks.

They also have an interesting array of drinks which you don't usually see in other coffeeshops- hot drinks, Italian soda, avalanche, yogo smoothies (Visit their site and check out the menu)

I've been wanting to try their Yogo Smoothies (yogurt based smoothies),and that's what I ordered on my first visit. I tried their Mango Yogo, which was sweet and made me think of creamy mango shake. This is perfect for those who would like to have something sweet to end their meal, yet be guiltless when enjoying it (Because it's yogurt!).

I also had their orange poppy seed cake, which was quite nice because it had the crunchy seeds, sweet frosting and a cake base to balance out the taste and texture.

The next day, I was full from my lunch, so I was only able to order their iced tea. I loved the ice tea. Theirs was specially blended, with a hint of passionfruit that added the kick to my drink.

That evening, I went back again to try their green tea yogo. Now this one I truly loved. You can taste the yogurt, you can taste the green tea. Maybe for some, green tea is an acquired taste, but for me, it's great! I didn't feel any guilt from drinking it, I felt healthy, and I felt satisfied. Purrfect.

On my last day, I drank the chai latte. It's smooth and soothing. Plus, one of the biggest positive factor was, it didn't give me the palpitations (which I'm very prone to when I drink tea/coffee).

When you're in Davao, be sure to pop in at Coffeecat located at F. Torres Street.

No comments: