Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Rudolph with a Pint of Tears

I just shed a pint of tears and now I'm sporting the Rudolph-the-red-nose look.

Why? Because my jie-jie has already left for the airport-> for her trip to Manila on midnight ->for her preparation before she leaves for Australia-> for her new life as a wifey. In short, she's leaving Singapore for good.

Sigh... she's such a close friend. The closest I've come to having a jie-jie.

You see, she went back to Manila to get married. Then, she came back to Singapore to serve her one month resignation notice. During this time, she stayed with me. We woke up together, ate together, worked in the same office, walked home together, stayed up late together, did a lot of stuff together.

She's someone who's always there, ready to listen, ready to give her advise and honest opinion. Someone who is so generous that she shares whatever she gets. Someone who's considerate that she doesn't even want me to help her hang the clothes after laundry, or help her carry heavy stuff. Someone who is so true and honest and outspoken. Someone who is so lively that I can't help but feel 'alive' too even on the darkest days (at work).

Just five minutes after the taxi drove off with her inside, I was back in my room, and the tears just kept pouring down. Yes, I am selfish. I am sad because I will lose a lunch buddy (come Monday and onwards), a listener, a storyteller, a walkathon mate, sleeping buddy, bargain-hunter buddy.

I will miss hearing her phone ring every night with her hubby looking for her. I will miss seeing a replenishment of new tissue paper roll on the bathroom rack whenever the current roll has passed the halfway mark. I will miss watching her dry out her hair every night. I will miss hearing her bursts of laughter. I will miss her stories about her sisters. I will miss seeing her sweep the floor whenever she feels the urge (no matter the time). I will miss seeing neatly folded plastic bags. I will miss unbuttoning the buttons (all) of either my polos or pants because she always buttons-up everything.

I will miss hearing her alarm which goes on and on, and she doesn't even hear it. I will miss waking her up every morning with her answering groan, only to see her sleeping again after 3 seconds. I will miss hearing her say "are you busy? can you have lunch earlier? what time do we eat? let's have lunch" from 1130 till I concede.

I'm happy that she's starting a new life with her husband. I'm happy she's closing the 'Singapore' chapter of her life.

I just know I'll miss her really bad.

-
I know you'll be reading this, and I would like to say thank you. For the first time since I came to Singapore 15 months ago, I felt what it's like to be home. Thank you.
-

No comments: