Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekly Food Review

 My friend's prawn salad. Yummy, although I just ate some leaves (I couldnt eat prawns plus the salad was filled with bacon bits).
 My vegetable spicy aglio-olio-ish noodles. yum yum yum! Almost guilt-free food.
 This is the guilt-inducing food. White chocolate hard shell with various things inside paired with vanilla ice cream.
 You have to drop the raspberry syrup by pressing on the tube.
 There's some yummy crumbles inside, and pear and something else. Not the perfect combination, but it wasn't contradicting either. Overall, it's a pretty nice dessert. Not too heavy.
 Oh, now I remember! The something else is the chocolate mousse.
 Pita Pan at Marina Bay Sands.
 I wasn't hungry, but I couldn't resist trying it out because the name was so cute!
 Long queue, though most of the customers in front of me just ordered fresh apple juice.

 My pickle rolled out.
 Not the friendliest servers. They weren't mean, they just seemed impatient and didn't want to explain how it worked.
 A big green chili. Not too spicy, just enough to zing up the sandwich. I didn't eat the whole thing though.

Sandwich was okay. There's two falafel (not sure) inside. So you just have to choose which other filling you want to put in. They've got the raw selection, and the cooked selection.

Then you have to choose the sauce. There's no label on the table, and when you ask the dudes behind the counter, I can bet 10 dollars that you won't understand what they just said.

So what happened was, I based it on the last syllable (the only thing I managed to hear) plus the color of the sauce.
Sandwich was about SGD6 or SGD7.
 Salmon + 2 sides at Munch, Marina Bay Financial Link. (SGD14.50)
My more expensive lunch meal. Usually I just buy my lunch from the Mixed Rice stalls at Lau Pa Sat and it only cost me about SGD2.90.

 Wednesday dinner with two of my closest friends - at Daikokuya, Raffles City
 Nice ramen (except there was something wrong with the noodles that night, not springy enough), nice gyoza and nice spinach salad.

Love this. Moist egg that only the experts can perfect.

***************************************************************
This was my second time eating at Daikokuya.  I kinda miss the previous servers though, which were Japanese. They call the ladies 'ladies', and the guys 'gentleman'.  So, last time, she asked me 'Lady, do you want more water?' (not exact words or statement contents, but the same way of phrasing it).

I shelled out about SGD18.

No comments: