Sunday, February 5, 2012

For the Love of 'Chi'

 One Saturday in January, I went to Raffles Hospital to see a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) physician for a health check-up/
Apparently, my 'chi' (blood flow or something) is not so good.
When she pressed down on the area between my ribs, it was quite painful.
 So, I have to take these chinese medicine everyday, for about 3 months.
 Everyday, I have to cut up all the sachets ( more than 10) and put everything in a mug. Pour hot water, and stir until dissolved.

Man! It taste so bad! But sigh, I'd do anything for the love of my 'chi'.

 The instruction is, I have to make the concoction in the morning. I then have to make two equal parts, one to take in the morning, and one after dinner.

2 bleechs in one day.  But sometimes, if I know I'd be out in the evening, I'd drink it all in one go. In one moment of torture.


 To make the medicine more effective, I also do acupuncture.
Normally it doesn't hurt, but there are some areas that are more 'electrifying' (that is, when she pricks me with the needle, I'd feel a mild shock run through my veins). I notice it's usual in the calf and feet area.. Also on the hands.  Perhaps because there's no fat covering it, because when she pricks my tummy, I don't feel anything. Being fatty does have its advantages.

No comments: