Saturday, February 25, 2012

I've Got Your Number


 I was at Kinokuniya last Sunday, browsing the New Release section when I saw Sophie Kinsella's name. I got excited, a new book! a new book by Sophie!

The last one I read was Twenties Girl, which was a gift from a friend who shares the same admiration for Sophie's works.  For me it was just okay, well primarily because I don't like stories involving dead people or ghosts or spirits.
Anyway, this new book cost SGD32 (pricey!) at both Kinokuniya and MPH (but they've got discount if you have Passion Card [only up to a certain period, I think till March]).

I wanted to buy the hardcopy, but I knew it wouldn't be practical. I cannot afford to accumulate more physical books. So I bought an e-book instead, which cost about USD16.
Reading it from a tablet was quite tiring for my eyes, but it was convenient , and in the end, well worth it too.

Anyway, if I'm not reading from my tablet, I was reading it from my iphone.  While in the bus, while in the office and during working hours (ha! I'm becoming more and more rebellious now).
Right from the start, I had a good feeling about the book. It was quite easy to read through, and so difficult to stop.
I had to control myself though, because I didn't want to finish it so soon.
But I could only drag it for so long =(.. Tonight, I finally decided to finish the book.

It's so nice! I loved it! One of those books that made me sad when I reached the end because I just wanted it to go on and on and on.
I can't wait for Sophie's next book!
Now I'm tempted to buy other books under Madeline Wickham, which is Sophie Kinsella's real name. It's just that, I have one book by her, and it's quite difficult to read through. The style is just so different, a few notches more serious. So I'm still deciding whether to give it another try, or to just wait for a Sophie Kinsella book (which might take another 2 years. huhuhu).

No comments: