Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Groupon Misadventures

At Arab Lane .
Groupon: SGD20 for SGD40 worth of food.
Decided to eat here before going to the National Library for the Hossan Leong show.









For appetiser, we got the calamari plate and added sauteed prawns
Nothing to shout about. I mean, it's not bad, but since I could also cook a decent calamari, I just felt that they should've done better than me.


My brother's pasta. Probably not fantastic, because he didn't comment.


My pork burger. Super big! (but in this cake, size didn't matter)






I'm drawn by the egg, because I love eggs.


That's just about it.


Cheese.


How can my relatively small mouth be able to bite down a towering burger?
I can't remember how I did it, but I was able to.


The pattie itself was tasteless. Then, I couldn't taste the balsamic dressing at all.


C'mon! I was irritated because fast food joints can whip up better burgers than them. By tenfolds.



Ugh.



The concept is okay - their noodles are served in chinese take-out boxes.


The Green Stuff drink - tasted like green mangoes with sour plum. Not bad, I guess.


It's just SGD5 for two boxes (like buy 1 take 1)


I topped-up 1.80 to get the char-siu ramen.


I suppose it's not bad, but somehow I felt grossed out after eating it.


Perhaps it's the fish cake, or the yucky ultra red and stiff sausage. It ruined the dish completely.


It tasted fake and so synthetic.

Of course I was convinced to get the set meal. Which came with the green drink and salmon skin and soup for additional SGD3.


So all in all, I still shelled out SGD4.80 on top of the groupon amount of SGD5.


I like salmon skin, but I only ate half of this. It tasted old.
Soup was good though.


1 comment:

Admin said...

the most expensive iPhone app installed: Groupon!