Sunday, September 4, 2011

Macarons from ET Artisan Sweets

The bitchy boss of another team distributed macarons to us one day. (I should be kinder because she did give me food.. but hello.. she's really mean to her subordinates)


I bit into it and woooooooow! It was soooooooo gooooooooood! It wasn't too sweet, and it tasted like there were brownies inside along with gooey caramel. Wow.



After a few days, I managed to evesdrop to her conversation with her subordinate. Ah! So it was bought from a shop located near Henry Park Apartments. I googled it straightaway.


So that Saturday, I decided to go for one of my explorations again - in search of the wonderful macaron.



I got off Buona Vista mrt station and GPS'ed my way.


Road

Road.. and more road which I was too lazy to take picture of. Anyway, they all look the same.


Ack! My gps showed that it was still far, so I decided to take the bus since there was a bus going that way (earlier on, I really had no choice but to walk)



Finally reached one of the landmarks.


Road


Road


Finally, I'm getting nearer.


One of the schools I passed by.. Voting for the president was ongoing.


Good thing I was wearing my Grendha shoes. In fairness, it was comfortable.



Aha! I see you!


Yehey!




Cuppy cakes!


A lot of flavours, but darn it! The one and only piece of salty caramel (the one my officemate gave me) was bought by the lady in front of me.



I decided to buy a cuppy cake (Japanese Yuzu, I think) and hot chocolate to dine it.
Waste of calories. Nothing spectacular. Hot chocolate came from a pack too.


I bought a box of 9 macarons - SGD19




What a sight.


I bought vanilla, lemon raspberry, berry, black forrest, rocky moutain and chocolate hazelnut


This was the vanilla, which I ate while waiting for the bus.

I was disappointed because it was sweet, and it tasted ordinary.


Bummer, I travelled 1.5 hours for something mediocre.


Their business card is cute though.


I ate the berry next, and it was sweeter than the vanilla. Bummer!


Then I ate the lemon raspberry next. Yummy! this was good.


Last, I ate the rocky mountain. My goodness, this was goooood! It had a brownie and marshmallow filling. Yum Yum Yum!



*********************************************************************

Despite the distance, I'm thinking I would go back to ET Artisan Sweets again one of these days.


Would probably walk too, that way I could burn off some calories before I binge on macarons! (lemon raspberry, rocky mountain and salty caramel)



No comments: