Sunday, September 4, 2011

9Aug2011. Singapore National Day and the Day I Said "Yes".






We were seated on the second table (from entrance) on the side.


With the sloped rocky thing beside us


Reservation at 7PM. Got there about 640pm. Tried to request for indoor seating (just in case someone cancelled) but it was fully booked inside.




Our still water. Cost us 7 bucks I think. But whew, atleast it wasn't too exorbitant.







Free flow free bread. Good. Fresh and chewy.




First dish - the crab with tomatoes. Hmmm.. this was quite disappointing. First because it smelled fishy, next the temperature of the food was weird - not chilled enough, but not warm either. Last the taste wasn't remarkable. It was just that -crab and tomatoes. Full stop.


Oh. This was the main dish, which came in after the foie gras. This was my lamb, which was good because it was tender.


Foie gras with the apple mush. I like pan fried foie gras, and the ones I've eaten have always met my expectations. This time though, I was a bit disappointed. Main reason was, the foie gras was too thick. I got value for my money in this aspect, but because it's too thick, the taste became too cloying. Like my tongue and throat and whichever participating body part was shouting 'i've had enough foie gras already!!!'.



My boyfriend's main- beef with mashed potatoes.


I tried some of his beef, and look, there's real truffle! I was suprised that it wasn't fragrant though.


We were seated outdoors, so it was romantically dim and therefore difficult to take pictures.


Anyway, this was the dessert - sticky date pudding with vanilla ice cream. It's okay, but it couldn't compare to the one from Marmalade Pantry.



**************************************************************************

I chose Au Petit Salut, and I kinda felt bad because it's expensive! It's SGD88++ per person, which totalled to SGD215 after taxes for our dinner.



The ambience would've been better if we were seated indoors, because during the entire meal, the frogs were croaking and hopping about. And where were the frogs? Beside me! there was just a divider of rock wall, which wasn't too high so if the frogs were hyper active, they could've easily jumped over. Over to my lap!!! And I was wearing a dress!



The entire time I was as jumpy as the frogs. Everytime they croacked, I jumped a bit.



I forced myself to relax though, because I felt the question coming (I know, I know. I'm so assuming). It was just a question of when.



It happened during dessert. This was before 8PM. With him blurting out the question, and me blurting out the answer. For a couple who's been together for 6+ years, we're still shy! He drank his coffee real fast while he was the one asking, and I drank my tea equally fast when it was time for me to answer.



For me, the entire scene was so cute! And.. woo-hoo-hoo! I'm getting married!


No comments: