Friday, February 26, 2010

Shuang Yuan



My shopping. Hee. The black skort (skirt shorts) from iora and a simple gray v neck shirt from F21.

Spring roll . If you like to eat salad as starters, then order this. Because it's just lettuce with a think slice of pork, rolled in a thin rice roll and drizzled with chili sauce. If not, then I recommend you to skip this.

Lu Rou rice. I love this. White rice with stewed tender pork with stewed egg (notice the yolk is still moist) and some garnishing. What makes this ordinary dish extraordinary is its ability to transport you back to your own dining table when you were 12, eating your mum's cooking. It's not the taste, but the feel of it.

Ice jelly drink. Quite interesting because the taste is subtle with a hint of sour plum. A bit annoying at times though, because the jelly sometimes gets stuck in the straw.
My total bill was about SGD16. Yea, I ate them all myself.

This is at 1 Liang Seah street. I actually just learned about it from insing.com on Friday night and suddenly felt the rush of excitement to look for it. On Saturday afternoon, with the map given on the site, I just kept walking and walking until I turned on a bend and saw the restaurant. Cool exprience. I love it.

No comments: