Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sad Story in Old Town


Organic Spirulina Orange Juice

Ipoh Hor Fun (doesn't look appetizing. But it's actually good)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I felt bad during lunch (my conscience was trying to be too goody-two-shoes). We ate at Old Town Coffee at Far East Plaza. It's newly opened and still in its very rocky phase, as in one waitress handling the whole area..

When you dine in, you are given a sheet of paper to tick on your orders. I ticked the dishes. I had the Ipohy chicken hor fun which was quite nice, my friend had the soft boiled egg and toast, and my colleague had the chicken rendang which looked yummy..

I also ticked on the drinks. To emphasize that it's for take out, I wrote 'Take Away' and put an arrow pointing from those 2 words to our order.

When the waitress read thru our orders, it was pretty clear that we only ordered 1 tea from that category.

In the middle of the meal, a staff approached and gave us 2 platic bags with 4 drinks. We told them it's not ours.
The person went off, but a few minutes later, the waitress went back to our table and said we ordered it. That there's a number '4' on one of the teas. Shit. It's my arrow. They thought it's the number 4!

Ofcourse I said it's an arrow and not the number '4', and that when she read our orders, she also only mentioned 1 tea.

I'm stuck in between. I knew that the waitress only counted 1 order of tea, but at the same time, since she's alone I suppose she wasn't able to clearly tell the food 'preparors' about the orders. So I felt like I needed to buy those drinks. But my practical side was shouting 'no', because I haven't withdrawn cash yet, and I was just carrying enough in my wallet to buy my lunch and some other miscellaneous things.

We finally paid our meal, and thank goodness the waitress didn't bring up about the drink issue (I was willing to pay half. better than going to waste right? they can't possibly sell it to other people). But after a few minutes, when we were about to leave, the supervisor approached us again and asked if we didn't order it.. so I just said we didn't and slowly walked away (but actually, I wanted to run!).

I probably won't go back there soon.

No comments: