Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Went Prawning





It's so hot, the coals have turned purple
Lucky fat cat. He'll be eating a lot of leftover prawn shells...(the girl in white was cooking a big batch of prawns. Probably 20+ sticks. I was green with envy...)

This was quite some weeks ago, when my friends and I went on an impromptu prawning trip after our dinner at Holland Village. We got there around 11pm, and finished around 230am.
It was obvious that the prawns don't like me, I didn't catch any prawns! sniff.
Since I'm not a patient person, plus I can't touch live prawns and worms (to use as bait), and I can't poke a live prawn with a barbeque stick (I'd rather put them away from water and watch them slowly say goodbye), I think this may not be the sport for me. Unless I always have somebody around to do all the above for me.
Although it's a nice experience, especially the barbeque part, when you start to smell the prawns. It was only cooked with salt, but it was one of the best prawns I've eaten. Yummy!

No comments: