Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Mums Have Strong Forearms

I can now strike off another item from my life's 'to try' list.

Last year, I read on a newspaper that there's this group that made a study on how helpful people can be. That is, for mommy's carrying their baby or carrying their pram. After reading that article, I've become more conscious of this, and I've always wanted to help.

Then one morning, on my bus ride to work, I finally had the chance. At the bus stop in front of Far East Plaza, a mum with a 4 year old was carrying a baby and was trying to get out of the bus seat (I don't know how she planned to do it, when she didn't even have any leg room to swing her legs to the aisle - the foldable stroller was in front of her).

I asked her if she needed help and she looked at me (I forgot what she said). So I lifted the Maclaren stroller and climbed down the bus steps with it. Darn, it's heavy! New mums, please practise lifting the strollers before you purchase it.

Wow, I honestly don't know how she was able to carry the thing into the bus and how she was able to fold it when she had a baby and kid with her.

Ah, it felt good though, to have helped someone =). If I have other oppotunities to help next time, I would! I can carry the heavy things, just don't ask me to carry the baby, because I don't know how!

No comments: