Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Can't Balance!!!!!

There's supposed to be some scars on my knees, but the camera wasn't able to capture it.





This is an 'art shot' taken by me. Me and my brother's shadow.


East Coast Park giant foot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't balance, and this makes me very angry. And frustrated. And embarrassed.

I don't know how to ride a bike, I can't balance on the wakeboard, I can't ice skate without holding on to the side rail, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to balance with inline skates either (although I might be taking classes for this one). I can only balance inside the mrt train, BUT only if I'm wearing flats.


This is my weakness. I'm sad. Sniff sniff.


I went wakeboarding with my brother two weeks ago. Let me rephrase: I went splashing into the water and swimming with my brother last 16Oct. We started the day excitedly as we planned on the day's itinerary. We were going to eat at this Peranakan restaurant in Novena, then we will go to East Coast Park (ECP) to do the cable-pulled wakeboarding. After that, we will go to SAM (Singapore Art Museum) for their Art Buffet (No food here, just a sumptuous feast for the eyes. Ehem).


We did all that, but the most memorable was the wakeboarding experience. As we got closer and closer to ECP, I got shakier and shakier. But like a brave little girl, I went ahead and queued with the Aussie surfers there. We were briefed on what to do, how to balance, how to move the cable. I listened carefully and tried to keep them in mind. We did a testing, where I was straddled to the knee board. The surfer trainor pulled me, and I was rattled. She warned me "You have to be ready, the cable will pull much much harder". Right.

My brother went first, and then my time came. When the light turns green, it means I'm about to be pulled away in a few seconds. The light was green, and I was bracing for the pull, and 'whooooooooooaaaaa'! The pull literally took my breath away! And before I could even gasp, I was being thrown into the water. I thought I was going to drown, but 'ploop', I floated to the top. And I flipped flapped my arms, swung my legs. I was supposed to be swimming, but somehow, I remained stationary. It was so difficult to swim!


Finally, about 10 minutes after, I was on the shore,dragging myself up.

This went on 3 more times, and then my brother told me he noticed that on the onset, I'd be doing the correct pose, but when the cable pulled me, I lost the proper posture, and that's the reason why I kept losing my balance. Right.

The fourth time I went in, I tried to keep my elbow close to my side, no matter how hard the pull was, and it worked! I was staying on board! Then, there was this girl in the middle, so I had no choice but to let go of the cable, or else I'd crash into her. Curses!


The next time, I was able to go the same distance, but I lost balance again. By this time, I was already beat from swimming and lugging around the heavy board.

The last time I went in, I was super tired. I was already doing the correct pose, my arms tensed, when the operator chimed ' I will pull the cable first, for your safety' (because there was a loose cable floating in the middle). This was about 2 mins, and the whole time, my arms were still tensed (in case the cable suddenly pulls me). Then, finally, the cable pulled me. By then, my arms have lost its strength. I fell in. Bah. I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon.


An hour costs SGD32.
PS. Another memorable thing about this wakeboarding experience: Before we went wakeboarding, I went to the toilet to tie my hair, pee, and do whatever. A lady in white bikini went in to change to her day clothes. I went on doing my stuff, when I looked up, my eyes almost turned into saucers! She was butt naked! (But I saw the front view). Nice body, I have to say (but I'm not a lesbo or what). I just saw it for a split second, and then I bowed down. Embarrassed to have seen it at all (but not embarrased to tell everybody who cares to listen).

No comments: