Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Must've Done Something Right

My friend bought this for me when she went back to Manila...

My boss bought back these suman (Philippine sticky rice) for me from his trip to the Philippines
My friend gave me chocolate wassants for breakfast (plus a whole lot more)

My client gave me a jade bangle

My flatmates bought me this shirt from their Bangkok trip
**********************************************************************************

I know there's this song that has this somewhere in its lyrics.. I think a song where the singer was supposedly the father of the bride and he just couldn't imagine that his daughter is getting married, or something like that.

Anyway, I've had this thought for a couple of days now.

Despite my complaints, I still have continuous blessings coming my way. I can't help but wonder what I did right to deserve all these.

These are obvious, but I'm blessed to have my mommy, daddy and ahia who are always supportive of me. As my boss would say, they take my nonsense. My 'nonsense' being my moodiness, in short. Then of course there's also my boyfriend, who also takes my nonsense. Still, my moodiness.

And then these are my other blessing:
1. Near or far friends. I have just a few of them (because I'm selectively shy), but they're all jewels. I think there's something in me that makes them want to take care of me. Ironically, they are protective when it comes to food. I mean, I'm meaty and sturdy, yet most of my friends are afraid that I'll starve (Well, admittedly I'm workaholic. When I start something, I'd prefer to finish it first before eating, which means I eat about 2-3 hours later than the usual meal time).
2. Flatmates that are just nice and sweet (and patient). I'm like a turtle, you see. I tend to hide in my own shell. So they go out of their way to reach out to me. Then they remember my birthday, remember me when they go abroad, remember me when they're having dinner... sigh.. I just hope I can be a better flatmate.
3. Some good clients who appreciate what I'm doing for them. One even called me a 'star', while another one, true to his word, bought back a real jade bangle for me from Myanmar.

4. People who help me either directly or indirectly
I know the pictures above are all material things, but there are so much more goodness that people around me have given me. Too bad I can't photograph compassion, kindness, understanding, support, love and care.
I don't say thank you much to these people, but they're all in my heart. I know them all. If you have done something good to me, I will always remember, and I will be here to help you when you need it.

No comments: