Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MIA..But I'm Back!

I was missing in blogging action because my brother came to visit me (13-21Oct 09).

I was so excited and went shopping for some clothes for my mum, dad and brother.

I also jotted down some restaurants where I'd like to bring my brother to. Previously, I didn't have much budget to bring him to nice places, so I wanted to make up for it this time (and I did! I'll explain why in a bit).

These are the places we went to, and activities we did:

Tuesday (13OCt)
-Visited ION Orchard / Borders at Wheelock
-Ate takoyaki ball, japanese ice cream, gogo franks
- Ate dinner at Din Tai Fung, Raffles City

Wednesday
- Ate at Mogu Mogu, Far East Plaza. Followed by mango banzai from Dessert Street, also in Far East Plaza
- Went to National Library to check their map/Singapore land development area
- Went to Illuma, Bugis and ate at Pasta de Waraku (Carbonara and Prawn/scallop pizza)

Thursday
- Ate 3pm lunch at this Malaysian fried chicken stall at Lucky Plaza
- Went to Takashimaya and ate at Crystal Jade Ginseng chicken. Ordered the ginseng chicken (my favorite!) and the chicken and beef grill set. Total bill was about sgd70.

Friday
-Ate at Novena Peranakan Cuisine - Kangkong, chicken, fish, cendol and kueh
- Went wakeboarding at East Coast (SGD32/person/hour)
-Went for a cultured art tour at SAM (Singapore Art Museum). They were havng the Art Buffet for contemporary art.
- Ate at Botak Jones and drank teh tarik

Saturday
- Ate at Soup resturant - Their famous samsui chicken. Plus an order of prawn and tofu dish (only sgd1 since we ordered their chicken)
-Went to SingaporeExpo because they were having the Metro Sale. Nothing to see! I was actually disappointed. Anyway, I was still able to buy 2 long sleeved tops (in dark colors to match my beige skirt) and one 5 dollar top!
- Ate at Marina Loft (food court). Brother had fish soup while I had chicken rice (again! I forgot I just had it for lunch)
- Ate chocolate fondue at Billy Bombers, Marina Square

Sunday
- Went kickboxing while my brother explored Sengkang Sports Centre.
- Went to Plaza Singapura afterwards for the meet-and-greet show of the Singapore Idol Contestants
- Went to Vivo City
- Ate Australian Snow Crab (1.4kg) and mantou bread at No Signboard. Total bill was SGD219. Yes! 219! (I was weak during the entire dinner)

Monday
-For Monday 3pm lunch, we ate at Ayam Penyet, Plaza Singapura. We both ordered the smashed chicken leg.
- Brother met up with old colleagues and ate at Glutton's Bay

Tuesday
- Woke up late on Tuesday as I was on leave.
- Ate the leftover crab sauce (used this as our pasta sauce).
- We went to Maxwell Chambers (Tanjong Pagar exit B) to try the milkshake from OUAM.
- Walked and walked along Chinatown. Then finally decided to visit Toa Payoh.
- For Tuesday Dinner, we went to Centerpoint Somerset to eat Singapore Dishes at Prima Taste. Got ourselves cold teh tarik.

Wednesday (21Oct)
- For lunch, ate at Long John Silvers, Velocity Mall.
- Ate soya ice cream from Mr. Bean
- Joined the Police Heritage Tour at Irawandy Road.
- My brother had to leave for the airport. By 545, he was already in the taxi, moving away from me. I tried to lok brave, while the tears were threatening to stream down.

I went to church after he left, then went to Velocity Mall to shop some things for the house. I finally decided to just go home after an hour.

The minute I stepped into the living room, I cried and cried and cried until I couldn't breathe anymore.

No comments: