Thursday, October 29, 2009

The 2 Dollar Scam

Or, maybe it wasn't a 'scam'.

I was walking along Scotts Road on my way home tonight when a 40-ish woman approached me and babbled "blah blah blah 1.90 blah blah dropped my purse".

I stood there and looked at her and attempted to understand the situation. I said "You need 1.90? You dropped your purse?"

She said "I careless drop my purse".

Whatever. I got my wallet and gave her 2 bucks.

She said 'Thank you. Do you want to give me your contact number? I call you and pay you back" (Yeah, right).

I said "No, that's okay." She said thank you again and walked a step before saying again "Do you want to give me your contact number?". I shook my head. No way man.

Anyway, true or not, I don't care anymore. It's better to be laughed at for being 'stupid', rather than being cursed by an offended woman.

No comments: