Friday, November 6, 2009

Garlic Escargot

It's blurry because it's a stolen shot. I didn't want them to know it's my first time.


I've eaten and tried a lot, and I mean a loooot of food, but I have never tried escargot.
They were my little friends when I was still staying in Chiltern Park at Serangoon Ave 3. Almost every day, I would see a snail slowly making its way to nowhere (and most of them would be crawling on the wall). I would see one going north in the morning while I go to the office, and when I go home at night, there would be a snail going south. I was thinking then that it's the same snail.

Anyway, there are also times when I would see a 'smooshed' snail, which is saddening (and gross).
---

On to my story for the day. My boss brought me along when he had a lunch meeting with our client. Since the client wanted steak, we ate at Jack's place. I'm not a steak person, so for me lunch was just okay.

The highlight though was the escargot (snail). The client (a cute chubby granny who patted my hand during our conversation and even held my hand while we walked towards the resto [cute!]) ordered for half dozen escargo. My boss changed it to a dozen so that we can all eat.

The server distributed our plates, with the tiny forky and a metal contraption.

When the escargo came, I watched them as they secured the shell using the metal contraption, and poked the soft meat using the forky.

I followed suit and tried my very first escargot. Suprisingly, it was nice! Soft, tender, fleshy and flavourful. (Except I had to push away thoughts of snails that I used to watch, and I've seen quite a number =small, big, super big, heads out, shell only).

No comments: