Monday, November 12, 2012

When in London, Watch a Musical




There's a lot of choices for musicals, as in a lot. I didn't feel like watching the usuals like Phantom of the Opera, Wizard of Oz.. etc... so I chose Ghost. I love the movie, so I thought it would be interesting to see it as a musical.
 
Am I glad I chose that. The special effects were simply amazing!
If you've seen the movie, you'd remember the scene where Patrick Swayze entered Whoopie Goldberg's body. And Whoopie became Patrick. They were able to do that in the musical!
 
 We bought our ticket in the afternoon, about 2 or 3pm, for the 7:30pm show.
 We used the gap (3-7pm) to shop. Went to Selfridges, then Harrods. Got dizzy going in and out of the Tube.
 Around 7:20pm, still so bright!
 At the theater bar. People were buying cocktails and bags of chocolates. I was feeling stingy then, so I didn't buy anything. Really, I should've just bought. Afterall, we were in our honeymoon, for pete's sake.
 Outrageously long head in front of me. Good thing after the ..er.. what do you call the rest period.. like the recess... is it called the *'break'? Anyway, after the break, someone changed seat with the big head in front of me, so I was able to watch the show without obstructions. However, the vacant seat beside me also got filled by the latecomers (grr).. the worst part was, the girl beside me had offending body odour. grrrr some more!

*Intermission! I was re-reading this (about 5 minutes after I wrote the paragraph) and suddenly remembered the word.
*Sometimes I'm just too lazy to google the word
 Love the effects, couldn't remember the songs though.

They did stick to the movie, so that was nice. 
I heard they're shutting this musical down soon. Think the Broadway shows were not doing so well. The night we were there, the theater in London was packed.. but they're closing it down too.. perhaps the special effects cost too much.. I'm just glad we were able to watch it.
 After the musical, we looked for a place to eat.  This was challenging, since pretty much all the restos were closed already.
 We kept walking and walking, until my foot blisters were already cursing me and I was already limping.
 We reached Oxford street, and eureka! McDonalds!
Forgot what my order was. We brought this to the hotel, since the store was already closing.
It wasn't that late. Maybe around 10:30pm or 11:00pm.

No comments: