Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Fattening Creations

Such fun to have a pantry filled with baking ingredients, and a kitchen with complete baking equipments (ie, food processor, blender, stand mixer, hand mixer, oven).
 
I love cooking. In fact, it used to be my stress releaser back when I was still in Singapore. I just couldn't go all out in experimenting then because of time constraint, and lack of cooking/baking equipments.
 
Now, everything is there and calling out to me. 'Use me, use me!' they say.  Used them I did, I experimented and came up with these treats:
                           Egg Tart (actually, just the custard, because the crust is prepared by the baker).
 Soft pretzels and pretzel dogs. Dough made from scratch.
 Smooth soybean pudding. A bit tricky to make. One wrong step, and the whole thing is ruined.
Super fat chocolate chip cookies. About 3 people told me it's too big. How can anyone complain  about big chocolate chip cookies!?
 Bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I used a day old bread from Italiannis. You see, they gave us a complimentary crusty loaf for letting us wait soooo long for a seafood risotto. When it eventually came out, the prawns were still gray and raw so it had to be taken back to the kitchen (for another 10 minutes).  Duh! It only takes a few seconds to cook shrimps.
 Kikiam using beancurd skin. Cooked using the Philips air fryer.
Moist choco cuppycakes. Probably gained a pound during the R&D stage (the tasting part. I couldn't just pinch and taste the cupcake because that wouldn't satisfy me. I needed to eat the whole cupcake to determine the moistness.).

No comments: