Saturday, November 3, 2012

Life of a Temporary Bum

My goodness! It's already November. Meaning, I've been a bum for 4 months. Gak!
While I've earned the right to be so (c'mon, I worked my butt off in Singapore), I don't feel so good about it. Yeah it's nice not having Monday blues, but it also feels sad not being productive.

I do help out with the baking, but the sort of help I give (ie frosting, forming the dough, preparing the filling) is not so significant. Meaning, even if I don't do it, it's no biggie since it would still get done by someone else. Haiz. The feeling of being unimportant.

I miss being significant. Like when everything would slow down because I'm not in the office. Or when I'm contacted while I'm on leave because they had to get my answer about something. I also miss the pay. The financial freedom and the thought that I can buy what I wanted. Sounds so superficial, but I'm just being honest.

I mean, I can still buy stuff now, but the decision-making process takes longer now.

Anyway, my goal is to start working on 2013. Why not now, you ask?  Well becauuuse, employers are not hiring. Being almost December and bonus-paying month.




No comments: