Monday, November 12, 2012

Tiong Bahru Bakery

Here I am, still blogging about Singapore food.  I can't help it because food there really is so much better. Most of the time, you really get what you pay for. 
 
Anyway, I tried Tiong Bahru last September.  After our honeymoon in UK, I went to Singapore for a few days. Wanted to do a lot of food-tripping, but had food poisioning on my second night and so was down for a day and a half. (This was truly upsetting)
 
Anyway (for lack of a better word), before I got to Singapore, I already wanted to try Tiong Bahru Bakery because I saw a friend's post in Facebook. Plus, another close friend also highly recommends it.

The name sounds so local, so kopitiam-ish, but the head pastry chef is actually a real French.
 My friend recommended (and still recommends) the salted caramel bun (aka Kouign Aman).. Seems like it really is the bestseller since they only had 2 left on display.

 Mmm... I love dining out with my 2 girlfriends because they're so easy to talk to when it comes to food. For us, it's simple: Try everything like there's no next meal.

When we ordered these, we were still very full from our ramen and gyoza lunch. Imagine if we were famished.

I liked the salted caramel bun, liked the apple crumble flan. The lemon tart was a tad too sour for me (and I love tarty desserts).
(Sorry, I'm too lazy to straighten up the picture)

No comments: