Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beautiful Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Edin-bro, Edin-borough.. I still don't know how to pronounce it correctly. They (various tourguides) kept saying it differently.
 
All I can say is, it's such a dreamy place, I super loved it!
 
*********
 
View from our hotel: Edinburgh Castle
Hotel: Caledonian Hilton. One of the best in Edinburgh, we were told.

 Towel warmers! Soft and warm towels after taking a shower...mmm... bliss!
 Breaking Dawn (going with the fad. [the part 2 is showing now in theaters])

Anyway, this was around 4am, when I suddenly woke up.
I found out that afternoon that almost everybody in our tour group woke up around the same time. Aha! Jetlag! (7 hour difference between Manila and UK).
 The hotel room fridge. You know, the sensor-type ref whereby the moment you touch an item, it's considered sold and charged to your room.
 Jam area. I have pictures of the other buffet items, just that I'm too lazy to upload it. 
Pretty good spread though.

That was my first plate. Sausages, cheese, eggs, bread and haggis - their national dish.
I believe I had 2 more plates.
 Our authentic Scottish tourguide. I like the Scottish accent, it's quite comforting.
 Edinburgh Castle upclose.
 Lovely shot, if I may say so myself.

 The old structures are so picture-perfect!  Looking down from the Castle, I felt like I was looking at a postcard.
 So beautiful and cute at the same time!

 Gift Shop.
We bought a chocolate bar (so-so) and a 'Keep Calm and Carry On' book
Ahh the iconic red phone booth.

*****************************************
Do I recommend the hotel? Yes!
Do I recommend Edinburgh as a vacation spot? Yes!

No comments: