Wednesday, November 14, 2012

UK Snack Review

 There's a lot of popcorn brands out there, all selling their salty-sweet combo. I've had my fair share. Garrett's for me is tooo sweet (caramel) and tooo oily (cheese). Chef Tony's parmesan cheese is okay. Other brands are not worth mentioning. Joe&Seph's bought from the food hall of Selfridges is extremely nice!
 Strawberry milk. I can't remember how it tasted, but I just know it tasted fresh, not at all like the ones here in Asia that are synthethic tasting.
 Bought from one of the groceries in Glasgow. One of the worst pork crackling I've tasted!
Tasted super fatty (I know it's pork and all and supposed to be fatty, but this was different. I felt like I was drinking oil while eating them), super salty, and stale-tasting.
Tunnock's famous Caramel bars. It's chocolate covered wafers with gooey caramel filling. What sets them apart from the usual wafers is that it's not crispy! You'd actually think they're stale, but noooooo... they're meant to be that way. The wafer resists each bite, challenging your teeth to sink in deeper. Mmm addicting!
* Tunnock's is a product of Scotland.

No comments: