Saturday, May 14, 2011

R Rated Blooper

Last Saturday, I was at Marina Bay Sands with my friend. Come dinner time, we decided to eat at Gerry's Grill, a well known Filipino restaurant.

We were queueing and deciding what to eat. I wanted the pork barbeque, then considered the chicken and pork adobo (a stew-like dish), then I also wanted liempo (char-grilled pork).. So my friend asked me if I was going to choose the liempo (because I asked her if it was good, since she ate that the last time she was there). I said "Baka kasi matigasan ako" (In context it meant 'it might be too hard for me', but it also translates to 'I might get hard'. Then after a split second, I said "Buti nalang hindi ako lalaki (good thing I'm not a guy)". Then my friend bursted into laughter.

I'm Filipino-Chinese, my Tagalog is not fluent and then my Chinese is also not fluent. It's half and half. Sigh!

No comments: