Thursday, August 12, 2010

Updates Updates

yep, this is me, folding my resignation letter using one hand!
using the bank's envelope. hee.

******************************************************************
Before my handful of readers give up checking my blog because there are no updates, I better write..

So this is what happened last week:

Last Thursday I tendered my resignation. Finally. I've been wanting to resign for quite some time now. Originally, I wanted to go back to the Philippines to try out other industries. But opportunity from Singapore knocked on my door... so who am I to ignore it?

Anyway, I gave my resignation to my boss but she refused to accept it. I admit, it was one of the worst timing ever. I couldn't give it to her in the morning because I was in between client meetings, and when I'm back to my desk, she's the one out of her desk. In the afternoon, I saw her talking (while standing) to someone and after their talk, I approached her to let her sign a Banker's Guarantee. After she signed, I showed her 2 white envelopes and she freaked out.

They (the Philippine managers) had an emergency meeting to discuss about this sudden turn of events. Afterwards, I got various forms of 'congratulations! where are you going?' and 'don't go, we will miss you' from the attendees of the meeting.

The same afternoon, I had a heart to heart talk with my boss.

The next day, almost everyone in the whole department knew about my resignation. (wow, I didn't know people were so interested in me). Then, my boss's boss talked to me.

The rest is history...

Today, everyone has already accepted my resignation. In a month's time, my teammates would probably still miss me. In 3 month's time, they would have forgotten about me. This is reality. People come, people go. You tell people you'll miss them, and it's true. But because life is so busy, everything just goes by and soon you forget about things, events and people.

1 comment:

Smarter Than Ever said...

They huddled up for an emergency meeting to talk about your resignation?! =O