Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's Sweets Japanese Buffet and Sweets



Dancing mochi ('cooked' in something like a takoyaki ball-making machine). The mochi bounces in and out of the metal mould.



Not the best time to take photos, as the trays are empty!

Eggplant gratin (okay), rice (Which I later learned was omurice. I thought it was paella. Hee) and cauliflower.


Dessert counter

Dinner buffet is set at 80 minutes per table. They set it at 70 minutes, and when it alarms, you have to finish in 10 minutes and leave the place to give way to other gluttons..er! diners.


There you go, the timer for our table. My friend accidentally pressed the stop button, so our time stopped there.

The plates are really small, as in cake plates. That's why we had to keep going back, because there's just no way to pile a lot of food in one go.

First round, first plate: pasta, cauliflower, eggplant gratin, chicken and hashbrown
First round, second plate: fried rice with japanese curry sauce

My friend's mochi balls. I tried a small piece of the green one, couldn't really remember the taste, so it means it's just so-so.

Our neighbour's table. Couldn't help checking their time.

Second round

My friend's banana crepe, which she said was not queue-worthy. Taste was really ordinary.

Second round plate #1: Fish fillet, pumpkin gratin, omurice

Second round plate #2: walnut tart, green tea mousse, caramel roll

Third round: Omurice, angel hair pasta, crab pizza

Fourth and last round: Short cake. creme brulee, lemon jelly.


********************************************************************

My friends and I had our Sunday dinner at Let's Sweets, Bugis Junction Level 2.


I knew about this place from my 8 Days magazine, and know that it just opened on 6August2010. I wanted to suggest this place to my friends, but thought that since we were at Orchard, it wouldn't be too practical as we'd have to travel.


But, turns out my friend wanted to go to Bugis to buy this Japanese face product, so..I proceeded with my plan and suggested it.

Queue was quite long when we got there (about 715p). We got our turn to binge after about 15-25 minutes of wait. Not too long, and it must be because of their timed-buffet policy. For lunch, I think they give you about 60 minutes per table to enjoy your meal, while for their dinner buffet you get 80 minutes.
The food was clean and fresh tasting, but it is a bit disappointing that there's no consistency in the taste. My first gratin (eggplant) was good, but the pumpkin gratin (which replaced the eggplant gratin) was not, because it has this strong burnt taste.

The first omurice I had was very good, so I went for my second helping. This time, the rice tasted burnt as well.

The dessert counter looked really pretty, and they keep serving different desserts in an alternate manner. However, most of the cakes were dry, and the creme brulee's consistency was that of a chawanmushi. The only thing I really liked is the shortcake from my friend's plate. I took a couple of teaspoons and just loved the soft texture and subtle flavour.

They also serve drinks from the vending machine, as well as tea and other hot drinks like coffee, milo and teh tarik (also from a vending machine). This is a plus, because some buffets just don't serve drinks. Anyway, I had water only and green tea.

It's about 18++/person for dinner buffet, and I think it's a reasonable price. Service is good and food is generally okay. I believe it will still get better in the next week and months. After all, today is just their 3rd day of operation.

2 comments:

Admin said...

Wow Yummy!
didnt know na pwede pala mag buffet ang naka diet? :p

Back in Davao said...

Pwede naman. Everyday is my cheat day =P