Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Farewell Lunch at Kam Boat


One of the best I've tasted. Everything's tasty, tender and succulent (pork, duck and char siew)
Beancurd and salted egg
Mango pudding. Only this one wasn't nice.

***************************************************************
My teammates arranged a farewell (for me) cum team lunch at Kam Boat last Friday.

The food was good, and everything was smooth sailing until this waitress (who obviously wasn't in a good mood that day), splashed sauce from the fish dish onto my RM's new iPhone. The mood became a bit tense then, but thankfully all became calm again after a few minutes.

Towards the end of the meal, they insisted that I give a speech. I tried. But after a sentence , I choked up and couldn't continue my speech.

This was supposedly my speech:

I thought I would be so happy after I tender my resignation, but I'm not. I feel sad to be leaving a team who appreciates me.

Actually, my speech was very short, yet I wasn't able to deliver it.

I thought I would feel smug after giving them my letter, that I would have the last laugh.. but really, I just feel sad now. Of course I felt some sort of relief when I tendered, and I'm also excited to start a new chapter with a new job.. but still.... my colleagues will have a special place in my heart.. Well not all, but most of them anyway.

No comments: