Monday, August 2, 2010

King Louis Court

Far far away...
The knight with the skinny armoured legs.

A tiger. A tiger?

We ordered for Queen Victoria

The rustic menu cover

My pumpkin soup. Quite good. Not too thick.

Potato Salad

The feast!

Ribs, chicken, beef steak, fish fillet with creamy sayce, cheesy prawns, potato wedges and buttered vegetables.
Fish was good. Rib tasted like char siew but I liked it. Prawn was okay, chicken was okay, beef was okay but a bit too tough for my teeth.

Cheesecake and the other one was something warm. Oh my, I've completely forgotten what the other slice was, and this happened only last night!
**************************************************************
Jie jie, her hubby and young cousin treated me dinner for my birthday (Thanks! ^-^) at King Louis at Vivo City (yes, yes, my birthday celebration this year is a week long). The place was cool, very medieval looking, and the tables had that raw wood feel. Like being in the lawn at the back of a castle, where knights do their jousting and the wenches serve the drinks. Hmm, I think I'm mixing genres here. Anyway, the interior was cool, the food okay, and there was a live band.
But the main problem was, they sang chinese songs. What the!? Mandarin songs in a medieval-themed resto? Something is not right. Were they trying to be jesters?

No comments: