Saturday, August 15, 2009

What's Your Problem?








Mine is, I have difficulty being prompt. It's not that I want to be late, there's just something inside me that just resists. Like when I'm supposed to wake up at 815, I can't seem to get out of the bed unless I get to sleep an additional 5-10 mins.
I have no problems with deadlines and cutoffs though.. just that promptness thing.
Anyway, it's Saturday today, and I had to go to work. Grroooan! (I was late by almost 10 minutes).
As if it's not bad enough, I had to do another job today. Usually, on Saturday duties, I would go in and cleanup my emails. Then sort out my files and do miscellaneous things. Whenever there's a walk in client , then I step out to help with their bank inquiries.
But today, I had to be one of the two First Impression Officers on duty, which meant I was stationed at the frontdesk, and had to greet all the clients, help them with their questions, get someone else to assist them if it's beyond my power.. It all sounds so easy, but it's one of the most bul$@#$t jobs I know. It's stressful, overly stressful! 4-5 clients can come in at the same time, wanting different things, looking for different people. The bad thing is, there are times when there's just no one there to help! Then one of the clients holds you for a loooong time, and you see the other clients getting impatient,and the phone rings and some people would use your computer and hell breaks loose. Above all that, you can't drop your smile, you can't shout, you have to be polite. Darnammit.
The hours seemed to stretch.. I only had to work from 930 to 12 noon today, but it seemed so long. I kept looking at the bundy clock. One minute gone, still just a minute gone. It was crazy!

No comments: