Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm a Stress Eater



I must have gained 4 lbs this week. All of it in my stomach! I was looking at myself earlier, and seriously, I looked like I was four months pregnant! Granted that I had claypot chicken rice for dinner, and had a shared 3-scoop New Zealand ice cream with my friend (which probably wasn't digested yet). But still, it was so big!

I admit I let myself go this week. I'm an enthusiastic eater on normal days, but I'm also a stress eater, which means I eat more when I'm stressed. More enthusiastic than on my regular enthusiastic days.

On Tuesday, one of the managers came back from Australia and bought the usual Australian treat - nougats. She bought the brand Mondo, which for me is the best nougat brand. Not that I know a lot, but there's this other brand that most people buy, and it doesn't come close to the taste and texture of Mondo.

Anyway, she also bought Mars bars. She dumped about 6 small Mars bars on my desk, and within the day, I finished all of them! I also had about 6 or 7 nougats within the day - vanilla crunchy, vanilla soft, lemon, apricot, chocolate, cherry flavour.

My goooosh! The nougat nibbling continued for another day. On the third day, I only ate two. And today, I ate none.

This has got to stop. I promise myself that I will start eating healthy come Monday, and combine it with jogs and exercises too.


No comments: