Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ice Cream Buffet, Animated Movie Up and Ginseng Chicken



In fairness, the wantons were crunchy
with super fresh prawns inside.
Crispy and tasty, only missing was a good dipping
sauce
It's sugar and wasabi something, I want
hoisin!
Damage I think was about 25 per person..






They only look appetizing
So many to choose from! Too many!
First round ...
The gooey lemon pie.
Second round. A mixture of wrong choices

See.. I couldn't even finish


Eat all you can side dishes

Lettuce, to wrap the barbequed meat


Droooool... the ginseng chicken soup
The rice filling. Drooool....
Damage here was sgd 30
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aside from my Saturday work, what's memorable about my weekend were the following: (Repeat enumeration of what's in the title) Ice Cream Buffet, Animated Movie Up and Ginseng Chicken.

I wanted to try Swensen's one for one ice cream buffet at ION, so I invited my food buddy, who's just about game to eat anything (except for curry dishes) to have it after dinner. We met up before dinnertime and window shopped. For dinner, I suggested Canton-I. I've been there 3 times now, and while the food is good but not extraordinary, the service is lacking and food quite expensive (after all the ++ computed in), I like to go there simply because of the ambience. It makes me feel, well, posh.

We ate wanton noodle soup, stir fired veggies and crispy pork belly.

We were a bit full from the full meal so we decided to walk around. More window shopping to digest the food. But actually, there wasn't really a need for that, since it was quite difficult to locate Swensen's. We were doing the blairwitch thing, where we ended up exactly where we started. It's located somewhere you wouldn't expect it to be.

The waiting time (20 mins) made me so anxious, that when I stepped into the restaurant, I wanted to just run around and get as much ice cream as I wanted. Which, I did, but without the running part. First round, I got chendol, something-chocolate, something-berry, strawberry and green tea with some maltesers. I also got a lemon meringue pie (eeew). Second round, I got raspberry, lychee, kiwi banana and black sesame peanut. I was just about bloated up after that.

End of Saturday night.

Sunday, my friends, who suggested their blog names to be malnourished girl and chubby girl, met up to watch 3D version of UP (I was late!). I love the movie, especially since I have a thing for animated films (I've previously blogged about it), and everything was cute!

As previously decided, we went to Crystal Jade in Centerpoint, since it's the Crystal Jade branch serving Korean dishes ( I was told there's also one in Ngee Ann City.). Since my friends knew I love chicken soup, we ordered their ginseng chicken soup. We also ordered their barbeque set and kimchi fried rice.

The barbeque (beef and chicken) were good, the side dishes were also appetising and refreshing, but I absolutely loved the ginseng soup. It was almost perfect! Mmmmm! It was just too bad that I had a headache (from wearing that 3D eyeglasses) and couldn't enjoy it fully.

After dinner, we walked again for a while. Saw some cute tops, but I've just about busted my budget so I had to divert my eyes away from them. Siigh.

End of Sunday. Then it's Monday again. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

No comments: