Monday, August 31, 2009

Blue Basil






One of the best Brulees..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of our colleagues have finally found her freedom.. she's officially resigned from the Bank and going off to Australia to study soon.. Actually, on our going-away present for her, my message was: Congratulations for leaving the Bank!

Fine, I know I sound heartless here. Well I do feel grateful to the Bank for accepting me and giving me this chance to work here in Singapore. It's just that sometimes, with so much pressure and stress, I can't help but wonder what I've gotten myself into. But again, to set the matter straight, I am and will forever be grateful (.. and complaining. That's human nature what).

Anyway, we decided to have dinner at somewhere special.. My friend found this place - Blue Basil at Cairnhill. I was told that they grow their own basil, so I ordered something with a lot 'basil' in the dish.

Bluebasil lamb shoulder shack with blue basil sauce with siding of blue basil pilaf

The lamb was good, with none of that lamb smell, but I preferred the taste of the meat from the lamb loin (my other colleague ordered that one). Reason for this was, the lamb shoulder had a bit of a bitter aftertaste. The rice pilaf was nice though, I liked it.

The prawn was also good (because it tasted expensive). They said it was a bit overcooked, but I didn't notice. For me prawn is prawn, sumptuous however way you cook it.

For dessert, we ordered the bluebasil lemon sherbet (or something like that) and raspberry creme brulee.

The sherbet was nice, tangy and fragrant. I like tangy desserts..

The creme brulee was absolute perfection. I love love love creme brulee, I love the caramelised sugar, I love the custard.. and the one at Blue Basil was just so good.

Overall, I think the perfect word for our dining experience is Pleasant.

It's not a 'wow' , but it's good enough for 'mmmmm'.

Would I go back? For the brulee, I probably would.

Cost per person: SGD32 (There were 4 of us)

No comments: