Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saybons - A French Stall in Plaza Sing























I went to Plaza Singapura last Thursday because I wanted to check out Daiso for something (although I couldn't remember what now).

After shopping a bit, it was finally time to have dinner. I was really hungry, but somehow the food stalls didn't appeal to me.

The I remember seing this food stall at the basement selling crepes, and incidentally, I also saw someone eating it, so I decided to try it out. The stall name is Saybons.

I wanted the roast chicken savoury crepe, but they ran out of the chicken, so I settled with Ham, cheese and egg. ( Which sounded better because I love eggs and I love love cheese).

The assistant placed the ham, cheese and egg, then the owner (shown above preparing my crepe, and also on the newspaper clipping), sort of like assembled it.

I finally got my crepe and I took a bite. Woooow, the first bite was so good! and it was so flavorful. A bit oily, but never mind that, it was worth it. However, I bit into a teeny-tiny eggshell, which sort of irritated me, but I'm willing to overlook it and pretend it was nothing.

I proceeded to chew on the crepe, until I reached the yolk, which was still in its liquid form. When I bit into it, the yolk oozed out onto the other ingredients, and wow, it was good. I like it! If I weren't on a diet, I'd be eating it frequently.. but I am, so I have to control myself.

I recommend this place, I'm not sure if it's just a novelty, but then again, it's worth a try.


No comments: