Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crispy-licious




I had chicken joy today! Well, if I close my eyes and use my imagination, that is.

I ate at Jolly-V, Lucky Plaza today. It's a recently opened second outlet. The first one being in Lau Pa Sat. (Free advertisement)

As you would probably guess, based from its name, it's a *Jollibee imitation. They sell crispilicious chicken, sweet spaghetti, burger steak, hotdog and pizza. (Pizza!? Well, yes, and I don't know why. The pizza is ala Lotsa Pizza)

Before, whenever I had training in Raffles Place, I would take that opportunity to visit Lau Pa Sat where there's a also couple of other Pinoy food stalls. There's even a Mak's, although they sell chicken inasal.

-

A few weeks ago, on top of the 1st floor escalator, there was this chubby kid giving out flyers. He looked super familiar, but I couldn't place where I've seen him. After buying some top-up cards (Prepaid load) from the 5th floor, I stopped on my way to the escalator down, and told the kid "pwedeng pahingi (ng flyer)?" (Can I have that flyer?). He gave me one and when I read 'Jolly-V', I was so delighted! And I suddenly remembered why he was familiar, he was the kid who was doing the cashier work the last time I visited their stall!

Yahoo! Now I don't have to go all the way to Lau Pa Sat to enjoy the chicken when I'm in one of those sentimental-I-miss-Philippines mood.

So anyway, today, I excitedly went with my friend to look for Jolly-V.

I ordered the 2 pcs chicken rice (leg and thigh part, my favorite). Somehow, when you bite into it, you can imagine the original chicken from Jollibee, although it doesn't really taste the same. But then again, it's still good! With just a little imagination, I can feel myself being transported back to Manila. But since I was hungry, I had no time to imagine, I just pulled the meat from the bone with my hand and ate and ate!

Their menu:
2 pc chicken with rice
1 pc chicken with spaghetti
2 pc burger steak
1 pc chicken with palabok
1 pc chicken with burger steak and rice
hotdog
pizza

price range is SGD6 - SGD7




*Jollibee is the biggest fastfood chain in the Philippines. Their famous chicken meal is called 'Chickenjoy' and it's known to be crispy-licious, juicy-licious and whatever -licious.
*Jollibee mascot is shown above.

No comments: