Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Favorite Mall...







After almost 11 months of malling and roaming around, I've finally found my favorite mall.

I never would have thought I would like this mall, it's none other than... Jurong Point!
I work in the Orchard area, where the entire strip of Orchard road is lined up with different malls, and a couple more now under construction.

On weekends, I roam around from one place to the other, checking out the malls (and their restaurants).




In short, I've seen quite a lot of malls, probably in the 15-20 range, so I'm pretty used to seeing 'nice' malls.. but I've never found one that I really really like and would recommend people to go to, until today...

-
Today, my friend and I were deciding on which mall to go to, and she suggested Jurong Point, across Jurong MRT station. I was okay with it, because I enjoy checking out malls, but I didn't expect much from the place. I thought it would be like an old mall with a big and messy crowd. Well, I was correct about the latter, but wrong about the 'old' part. The mall was very big and vibrant, with cool and unique shops (and all having Sale today!).
For the first time in a few months, I shopped multiple items in a day. I bought a skort(Shorts and skirt combined. Well, it's a loose pair of shorts, but the cut makes it look like an a-line skirt) from Veeko, a jersey purple top from The Clothes Publisher, a cute coin purse (with a hologram of a girl walking) and a jar of honey citrus tea from Korea (which is very unique because it's in jam form. You just put either hot or cold water, and you have a healthy and tasty beverage).
Teeny tiny step for most, but a giant leap for me- the hesitant shopper.













No comments: