Saturday, December 17, 2011

Osteria Mozza. Yum! Yum! Yum!

At Osteria Mozza, Marina Bay Sands for our Christmas dinner. My friends and I usually eat buffets, but for a change, we decided not to stuff ourselves silly.  Instead, we went for Osteria's set menu.
My requested gift! a tablet which I'm primarily going to use for my e-books and movies.

 Below is a complimentary starter which they served us. Some sort of cracker with very fluffy ricotta cheese. Mmm!









 Before I go any further, let me say that I am again super irritated now. I am having so much difficulty dragging and re- arranging the order of the photos.

What a pity! I was excited to blog about it , but now I just want to get it over with =/

I tell you, ever since they've revamped the blog site, everything is just more inconvenient. Hrmph.

***
Anyway, they give two options each for their anti-pasti, secondi and dessert and you get to choose which one you like.

I chose the fried pig trotters for the starters. Yum yum! It's shredded trotters made into a patty and fried to a crispy perfection. Served with a refereshing salad.

Then, for the second dish, I chose the Burrata with mozzarella. I didn't like this much, because the bread was too hard!
Third one, I chose the gnocchi, which tasted like mozzarella dumplings. Texture was something I had to get used to, it's like a compressed chiffon cake. But taste was very friendly and comforting to my tastebuds.

For the mains, I chose the wagyu beef. Just 4 slices, but done wonderfully. I left nothing behind, not even a single leaf.

After the beef came the rock melon sorbet with passionfruit gelatine. Oh, the rockmelon was just lovely! Sweet and fragrant. Add a little bit of sourness from the passionfruit, and it's just perfect.

The last dish: Berries panna cotta!!! This was soooooo gooood. Soooooo creamy and soooooo perfectly balanced. Ahhh...heavenly.

Total bill for 3 persons: SGD466. Ack!

No comments: