Sunday, December 4, 2011

Comments on Various Things

 Frozen cheesecake at the Food Hall of Takashimaya. Yum yum, but expensive at SGD3.40 each.

One Saturday, I went shopping. It rained, and there were no available shelter. I had no umbrella too, so had no choice but to keep walking. I finally got home and removed my shoes. When I picked up my shopping bag, this was all I got. The handle!
 Stupid paper bags. Yes, it's environmentally friendly, but it's also such a hassle.
What if it disintegrated while I was outside? Remember my post about a paper bag threatening to tear up, causing fear that my oranges my tumble down while I was inside a grocery?

 Oooooh these are soooo yummy! Now I have two M&S favorites: Toffee Vienesse and this Extremely Chocolatey Milk Chocolate Rounds.

 Really more chocolate than biscuit. It's the right balance!  Creamy chocolate and a bit of crunch and biscuit to neutralise the sweetness a bit.
 My now favorite knitted top from Zara. It's orange red in color. I think I've received two compliments while wearing this top. It's not much, but hey, we now live in a world were compliments are hard to come by.
 A super great gift. My friend who has left Singapore for good decided to leave me her rattan hula hoops. On the first night, the best I could do was make it go round my waist about 70 times. But 2 days after, I can do it for 20 mins +.
What I'm aiming for is to learn how to walk while doing the hula.
 Dammit, this banana looks so disgusting! Look at the tiny lines there. It looks like stitches! Like the banana had a tear and had to be stitched up. 

I know I'm weird, because I'm easily irked by some images. The most usual ones are images of tiny holes (eg in pancakes while they're cooking, or some wood with holes created by insects).
 Agnes B crunchy chocolate bought from Hong Kong. I think it' about SGD10 equivalent.
 Disappointing. Most of the crunchies were no longer crunchy nor crispy.
 Taiwanese fried chicken cutlet bento box from Lau Pa Sat. It's about SGD or SGD5.50. Worth it! Too bad I can't take rice anymore starting next week.
 My LV pochette which I asked my friend to buy from Europe during her honeymoon.
It's a limited edition design where the bossy matron is telling the bellboy what to do.
A bit expensive though, so I'm now thinking if I was too impulsive.
Anyway, this would look good with my Prada gauffre bag which I'm getting on Monday! (I asked another friend to buy it from London).

And that just about rounds up my list of gifts-to-self. I'm trying to spoil myself while I can still afford to.

Starting next week, I'm back to my tight-fisted self again.
 Laska pot pie from Takashimaya. Yummy.
 Expensive fried fish soup from Ruyi (in front of Heeren). It's about SGD7.90 or so.
But in fairness, there's a lot of fish chunks in there.
 Taste was not fantastic though, so I am sure I won't be ordering it again.
 One night, after my Zumba, I had no other choice, so I had to buy dinner from an unhealthy fastfood (other shops were closed already).
 I bought the grilled chicken sandwich.
 Too much mayo.
 I removed most of the mayo and tomato (blood type diet)
And I also removed the skin.
The sandwich was actually good. I'm impressed.
After removing the mayo and chicken skin, I think calorie-wise, the sandwich wasn't so bad at all.

No comments: