Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hooters Singapore

After 3.5 yrs + in Singapore, I finally got to try Hooters Singapore.

My friends and I never attempted to try it before. My personal reason is (are).., on Saturday nights, when we do venture to Clarke Quay (I don't really like Clarke Quay. The place targets tourists and youngsters who want to feel 'cool'. The food isn't spectacular [I've tried quite a bunch of restos there] and the prices are higher than other areas), the place appears to be packed, and it's dim and it's noisy and it seems like most of the customers are guys. (probably because of the resto name. duh).

We're a bunch of girls, so for me, I don't feel particularly comfortable going in on a weekend.

Anyway, we went to Hooters for dinner on a Monday night. My fried and I had zumba at Physical Abuse (Havelock Road) first, and then met another friend afterwards as sort of a farewell dinner since she's moving back to the Philippines.

 Empty on a Monday night.
 As in empty.


 Ofcourse we ordered their famoust chicken wings. Chose the sour and spicy sauce. Wrong choice. None of us appreciated the taste.
 Mozzarella sticks. Okay.
 Beef fondue.  Tender beef cubes with three dipping sauces - curry, terriyaki and a third one which I couldn't recall what.  Prawn aglio olio behind. I liked the pasta, though my friend didn't find it nice.
 This one is okay.
 I don't know if it's a regular evening thing, or by request of some of the customers, but one of the waitresses performed a hula exhibition.
 Then the hula girl asked two of the customers to do the hula.
The finale: Hula-ing about 10 hoops.

My comments:
Food vs price:  Food was okay. I think we shelled out 30 per head.  That's for four dishes and two drinks. I guess it's not so bad.. but then, there's a lot of other food choices out there. so I'm not so sure if I'll ever go back.

From the resto name, I thought I'd be seeing some big hooters.. but nope, they're quite small. I'm not a lesbo or what, just a curious and honest little girl. 




No comments: