Saturday, December 3, 2011

All in One Day

 Saturday, 19November2011.
I had a cakeshop workshop to attend to at Downtown East (suuuuper far, all the way to Pasir Ris. The last station of the green line).
I bought a groupon for mooncake making, but only made my booking a few days before the coupon expiry. By then, they were no longer conducting the mooncake making workshop, and I was given two choices: Cake pop and nitrogen ice cream.

Silly me because I thought of practicality than coolness, that's why I chose cakepop.

*I got a pack of Doritos for free because the Fritolay promo guy asked me to choose which picture I liked: Sky Diving, Boating. I chose sky diving, and he gave me a free Doritos. If I chose boating, he would've given me Lay's.



 Indoor Ferris Wheel.
 Hmm unimpressive store.

 We didn't make the chiffon cake due to time constraints. Instead, we crumbled up store bought pandan chiffon cake.

Added cream cheese into the crumbled chiffon cake , and shaped it into our desired shape.
 Instead of cake pop (cake lollipop), I decided to make miniature cupcakes.
 The others made monster pop (that's what they signed up for)
 The monsters turned out to be pretty cute.
There were just four of us participants, and the three others were siblings!
Two were teeners, while the other one was the youngest sibling, I think 7-9 years old.

The older sisters didn't give a hoot about the youngest sibling and wasn't talking to her. She ended up talking to me. Which was okay, she's not the irritating type of kid.


 My cuppycakes. Cute but tasted yucky. Toooooo sweet and fake.
 
 After the workshop (5pm), I decided to have quick lunch at the Downtown East mall. Braised pork rice from a Taiwanese resto.
 Then, my friend and I met at Raffles City Mall.
We walked over to Suntec, and saw that Schu was having sale. Shoes were down to 9.90 and 15 dollars.

We went in to check out the shoes and were so surprised to see that they're even selling these awfully damaged shoes (the picture didn't capture how bad it was). Leather was peeling off the shoes and there were bald patches.  It's such an insult to buyers.

But.. they did sell some pretty good shoes too. I was able to buy a pair of peep-toe purple heels. Yey!
 We then started our search for a nice resto for dinner.
Kept walking until we reached Bugis. Wow. That's quite a distance.
 We decided to eat at this Hong Kong resto . My friend ordered the crispy noodles (she's probably missing the crispy sizzling noodles from Tsui Wah)
 I ordered a fruity drink with bursting caviar. Refreshing!
 My friend ordered an oldies drink - boiling coke with ginger
 Yum yum. Baked bbq pork rice.
 We were thirsty afterwards so we had a quick drink (wholesome) at Lena's. This was still at Bugis.

 Cranberry iced tea.
This was my only purchase for the day. An SGD12 high waist shorts from Downtown East.
Can't wait to lose an inch off my waist so that I can wear this!

No comments: