Saturday, September 18, 2010

Snowskin Mooncake

At Ngee Ann City Mid-Autumn Fair
2 pieces missing...

After office yesterday, I went to Takashimaya to buy a bag, but they didn't have the design I wanted so I left the department store empty handed. Anyway, I then decided to buy mooncake for our condo guard. I bought 2 regular baked mooncakes (pandan with single yolk) and 2 snowskin (still pandan with chocolate core). I gave two to the guard (who I sometimes call 'Uncle' and sometimes 'Simon'- if I don't feel so courteous).

Snowskin mooncake.

Last year, I bought a box of snowskin mooncakes from Raffles Hotel. They were pricey, but definitely yummy.

This year, I bought from Season (confectionary shop, or something), who had a booth at the Ngee Ann City Mid-Autumn fair

The tiny piece that I tried there was yummy. A hint of pandan, and a hinty of chocolate.. But when I ate it at home, yuck! It was super sweet that the sweetness overpowered the actual taste of the filling.
Plus, the snowskin was too thick! It's almost like a pau.
Dang, I should've just bought from Raffles hotel again.
Only the chocolate center was nice.
Wait a minute, these mooncakes are pricey too. Each piece is SGD8.50. Super not worth it!

No comments: