Sunday, September 5, 2010

All Part of History Now

My messy desk at the end of the day, right before I started packing my things.
Semi cleaned-up desk.

The view from my seat.

My last overtime with HSBC. Stayed till about 820pm. I would've stayed longer if my office buddy wasn't waiting for me (I had to surrender my staff pass, so I needed someone to wait for me to tap me out of the office).

This was taken while I was deleting some emails from my Lotus Notes.
*******************************************************
My last day in the office was 03Sep2010, and my last day of service was 04Sep2010. Therefore, I am officially unemployed as of today, 05Sep2010.
HSBC will now just be a brand for me... and it's not exactly something to be giddy about, because I've been with Bank for 8.5 years (including my employment with HSBC Philippines).
Of course I am happy that I'm going to a 'greener pasture' and it's a definite job escalation for me, but it does not erase the fact that a part of me will always be with the Bank, who has also given me so much over the years (stable job which of course entails money, friendships, courage, knowlegde, strength, confidence)
Especially HSBC Singapore. My office was almost my home here in Singapore. I'm in the office from 910am (or 920am if I'm really late) till 8,9,10,11pm daily or sometimes even till 12am .. I was thinking earlier, that the thought of not having to go to work this coming Monday.. or the thought that I won't be stepping in my Claymore office anymore actually saddens me. Perhaps not sad sad, but sad nonetheless.
I know I should be very joyous now that I have this freedom, but honestly, I still can't feel it. Perhaps I will feel it on Monday.. when everybody's at work and I'm at home killing time.. or perhaps I won't, I'll wait and see (and feel)..

No comments: