Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!



My gift: had this particular gift in mind for the past few days, but was finally able to buy it tonight.

I wrapped it myself, and realised that my gift-wrapping skills need a lot of honing. Everything is so uneven, from the paper which I cut, to the folds that I.. er.. folded.

*****************************************************************
Today is my favorite RM's birthday.

Honestly, we've been thru a lot. I've been working with him since day 1, when I joined the Bank. First few months, or even the first year was tough because I was still adjusting to a lot of different things - processes, surroundings, work culture, language (more of accent).

It's not always smooth sailing, but after the first year, everthing became so much better.

As the months go by, I realised how much he cares for me. He would consistently buy food and things for me whenever he goes overseas, and he would always offer me whatever food that he himself is eating. He would take me out to lunch and would ask me how I am. These are the more important things to me. At the end of the day, it's not just about work, but the emotions involved.

There was one time when I faced a certain issue in the office, and though he wasn't involved in that case, he spoke to one of the heads on my behalf, tried to think of ways/reasons to acquit me.. After listening to him, I heard the boss told him to stay out of it (not in a stern way, but more of a warning). I was really touched, and right now when I think about it, it still bring tears to my eyes. For someone to fight for me, it says so much...

I care for him as well. It's not everyday that I meet someone who appreciates me and goes out of his way to show it.

Thank you sooo much.. Your actions, your deeds, they will always be in my heart.

No comments: