Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bikram Yoga

I had my first taste of slow death via Bikram Yoga.

I've never tried yoga before, because I enjoy fast workouts more (kickboxing, jogging, tabatha exercise), but I am curious why people love it.

My friend asked me to try it out, since she has a membership with Bikram yoga and can refer a friend for a free trial.

I knew it was going to be tough, because I don't have much balancing skills, and stretching skills, and patience, and everything a person needs when doing yoga.

But, it was way tougher than I thought. Yoga itself is difficult, add in the heated surroundings and wow, it's a bit too much. At least for me.

While people were standing straight with one leg, I was semi hopping about with one leg while trying to maintain balance. There was one time, we were asked to sit in a Japanese sitting position, then had to raise our butt, touch our hips, and lean back as far as possible. Once settled, lean even farther back with our hands touching our feet.

While people were in that backward position, I found myself almost falling forward and face down to the mat. Crazy! I was getting dizzy.

One thing perked me up after the class though, 1.5 hours of Bikram yoga burns 880 calories!

1 comment:

Admin said...

wow madami daming calories na yun, , pwede na uli mag buffet!