Sunday, September 5, 2010

French for Lunch, Russian for Dinner

My Relationship Manager treated me to a French (farewell) lunch. I forgot the name of the restaurant, but it's the one located at Claymore Hill. Cool! I've never been to a French restaurant here in Singapore.


The wine menu.. When you order the set meal, a glass of wine is only SGD8. The waiter tried to cross sell this to my Manager.. I think he was trying to stress that it's value for money.. My Manager said.. 'I don't care about the price' (or something to that effect). I wonder when I can actually say that phrase...



Oooooh french bread in a French restaurant!


So many wine choices. I don't like wines - regardless if it's red or white.


My quiche, yum. But I should've ordered the panfried Fois Gras. My manager gave me some, and aaahh it's the best I've tasted yet. I didn't have a good impression of Fois Gras, but theirs was sooo goood!

My beef cheek stew. This was soo yummy, and the meat practically melts in your mouth.


Nope, this is not lasagna.

It's creme brulee.. I love creme brulee! Though I think the dish was too wide, so that brulee itself was spread so thin (or not thick. Just supply the appropriate word).


Tea with milk. A perfect palpitating way to end the meal. This place is fantastic, a recommended place to try.
********************Dinner**********************************

One of our Relationship Manager treated me and my buddy for a Russian Dinner. It's a Birthday (for my buddy) and Farewell (for me) dinner combined. I've never tried a Russian resto, so I was happy to have been given this chance to explore and induldge... for free!

Located at Far East Shopping Center. I never thought there's a treaure hidden inside that old shopping center.


The warm and soft complimentary bun.

Escargot

Our soup.. mmm it's different and quite okay.

Escargot with the snail-holding tool. I love escargot cooked in butter and garlic.
Our stack of soup bowls. We ordered 2 soups, but the serving was so huge, that it's enough to be shared for 3 people.
Behind chicken is the fished cooked in paper (yum!)
Chicken (with the toque) and fried bread and fries. A bit too oily, this dish.
Sauteed mushrooms
Fire!!! For our banana flambee
Warm banana slices and vanilla ice cream. That cold and warm sensation (bad for the teeth tough)

Crepe de Suzette.. didn't like this much.. It's soggy crepes with orange base sauce.

No comments: