Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy 2012!


Fireworks at the Marina Bay.
Taken inside my room. Hee!  We (my family) welcomed 2012 at home, while eating chips from Ikea and biscuit from Marks & Spencer.

Really, I'm past the age of welcoming the new year outside (and I'm only 30) and crowding around with other people while waiting for the fireworks. Main reason is, I pee almost every hour.  I consider partying outside such a hassle especially if toilets are difficult to find.  Second, I don't like crowds. Third, I don't like noise. 

Anyway, for me, welcoming the new year at home is quite nice and relaxing.

2012, also the Year of the Dragon. I can't wait for the Chinese New Year to start, because it's a lucky year for  Roosters (I'm a rooster!). Woo-hoo! It wasn't so last 2011 (Year of the Rabbit).

These were the challenging events of my 2011:
1. One day, I suddenly felt immense pain on one of my molars. Turned out that it was a combo of gum infection + cavity infection.  I suffered for a few months and had no choice but to have the tooth taken out since there's no more bone connecting the tooth to the gum (the dentist couldn't explain why).
2. I had chicken pox and had to self confine myself at home.  It was challenging to cook for myself, but the most challenging part was not taking a shower until the pox has dried out. (about 7 days. Eeew)
3. Got burned while playing the stock market. I was warned, but bah, I just wanted to earn more so that I can save more.
4. I had groin strain [left side] for months (about 3 months, on and off)

Happy events:
1. I turned 30.
2. I bought my first Rolex, my second LV and first Prada. (Oh so materialistic)
2. This is the most important part, I got engaged.

My New Year's Resolution:
1. To stick to the blood type diet. I know a lot of people think it's hao-siao (baloney), but I think the diet makes sense. Well it's not really 'diet diet' as we know it, it's more of regulating the food you take in.
2. To save more
3. To .. hmm actually this year I didn't make a list of my resolutions.

Let me just summarise: I just want to become a better person . Full stop.

Oh well, let's all hope for the best! Happy 2012!

No comments: