Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011


I admit, Christmas is not a big big day for us. I mean, we do acknowledge that it's a special day, but we don't celebrate it extraordinarily.

Now that I think about it. It appears that the meals we (my family came over to Singapore) had on Christmas Day were the most basic compared to the food we ate on other days.

My dad went to the church earlier in the morning, while my mom and I went to Novena Church at around lunch time. Afterwards, we ate at the Velocity foodcourt.  My brother and I had fish soup, while my mom had mee pok. My dad had the Singapore version of lor mee (he didn't like it much because he said it was too bland).

 Dec 24- we bought mini log cakes from Polar. It's been my 3-year tradition to  buy log cake to celebrate Christmas.  We don't have this in Manila, but you know, when in Singapore do as the Singaporeans do.


 My brother and I finished these 2 cakes before it hit 12:00 midnight.
 In the morning, my mom fried the suman (sticky rice) which she brought back from Manila. Yum yum yum! I like it fried. The white thingy on the side is sugar.
 Mom fried up the radish cake I made. (From the night of Dec23 - The night that they arrived.)
When they arrived, they were welcomed by the stinky smell of radish still lingering in my flat.

Though it's not as tasty as my second attempt, I felt it was tasty enough.
 On Christmas day, we went to Singapore Expo to check out the Moving Masterpiece.  My mom wasn't interested, so in the end, only my brother and I went in to see.

Afterwards, we crossed over to the still-new Changi Point and decided to have dinner at Kopitiam.

I had roast pork and roast duck.
Before heading home, we bought a pack of california maki, to be eaten for supper. Look at the ball of wasabi. So round, so clay-like.

No comments: