Friday, April 23, 2010

It May Not Seem Like It, but Yes, I'm on a Diet

Avocado roll

My first ever raw salmon. It's suprisingly okay, though I wouldn't order it myself.
Sweet and chewy. If only I could forget that it's raw. There's just something about 'raw' that makes me cringe.
Chawan mushi - nothing special about it except the presentation and the sauce they give you (which actually takes out the 'eggi-ness' of the dish)

Tempura. Ordinary. Too ordinary.

1 minute timer for the kamameshi

Unagi kamameshi

Caged desssert - beancurd cheesecake *recomended*

Green tea tiramisu *you're not missing anything if you don't order this*

Nope, not a black and white photo. It's black sesame pudding. (Skip it)

Macha ice cream. Very nice.

Sweet potato thing. Skip it, skip it.

Dreamboat or whatever it's called. Orange juice with geisha green tea (I think) at TWG, Ion. It's
okay.

Shrimp beignets, the 'atas' (high class) name. Camaron Rebusado, the Filipino counterpart.
I love Camaron better!
Imagine, just 5 prawns and some leaf and mangoes is already SGD27++!
Ah, this is the only thing I will recommend from TWG. This heavenly dessert. It's like a blown up creme brulee with strawberries inside.. Mmmmm.. I'll be back for a slice..

Professor Brawn Cafe at Velocity Mall

The Harry Potter-ish book




Lemonade in a cute mini 'sexy' glass
Delicious chicken with truffle (and mounds of potato wedges). Sniff. Can't eat this anymore..

Shredded pork rice (almost finished) and gyoza at basement 4 of Ion. My favorite comfort food and comfort place. It's tucked inside, so I'm sure I won't be bumping into officemates there.
To contradict myself, the table and seat arrangement is not comfortable. You see, it's not really meant as a table, but a cabinet. So to eat, customers have to sit sideways.
Sticky rice with smelt and fish, from Isetan food section. First two bites are nice, but succeeding ones are too 'sticky'

1 comment:

mr. pineapple man said...

the chawan mushi looks so good! actually everything looks really delicious~