Sunday, January 16, 2011

Xi Yan Private Dining

Got off at Outram Park mrt station
Then, with the help of the map at the mrt station, plus plus plus my Tibby's GPS, I went in search of Xi Yan.
One of the sights.. the Pinnacle at Duxton, where my friend owns a unit.
Had to walk under the underpass to get to the other side.

Somehow, the side of the building annoys me.. Maybe because it looks like weeds that grew out of wall cracks.



Found it!


This is what welcomes you. An orange door at the top of the staircase.

When you open the door... chadah! Pretty sight.


Set dinnet at SGD68++

First dish - green house tomatoes in wasabi sesame sauce.
I don't like to eat whole tomatoes (I'm more of a tomato sauce/ketchup), but I must agree with my boss that it's really refreshing.

This is one of the worst things I could eat (because it has lectins), according to the blood type diet. But, what the heck, It's my cheat day.
Snow pear and chicken soup. Mmm clear and tasty soup. Again, I'm not supposed to take in anything with chicken.

Red curry roast duck with lychees. I love this dish! It's super flavourful, and just the right 'spiciness'. The duck was just so-so, but the sauce more than made up for it.

My share of the dish...


With a bowl of rice. Lovely!

Salted yolk prawns in Teochew satay sauce.
This was just okay. 'Just' because I didn't really taste the salted yolk.

Braised pork belly with dried octopus & preserved vegetables
It's not spectacular, but it's okay.

The paintings are also for sale.

Steamed fish with pickled chilies and black bean paste on rice noodle.
It's not remarkable, but it's okay. You know, just the regular fish taste.

Emperor's greens. We didn't get to eat this because we were already stuffed at this point.

Chef's milk ice cream with wafer cookies.
Wafer was okay, like Loacker, ice cream was milky too.
*******************************************************
In all, I think SGD68++ is a reasonable price for this spread. There's a lot of food plus you enjoy that feeling of exclusivity.
Would I recommend it? If you're into Chinese set meals, then yes, this is a good place to go to.. (Prior reservation is required).

No comments: