Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wedding Banquet in January

I bought this dress yesterday for the wedding banquet. It wasn't part of the plan, because I already have a cocktail dress.. but I couldn't resist because it was on sale!
Original price was SGD158, after the sale, it was down to SGD40.

...and it made me happy because it's a size 34, and I fit into it!


My not 'ang' angpao.

The registration area


Oooh.. souvenir! We were guessing that it might be Chinese new year goodies.

The bride and groom's table


Bring in the food!

But before the food, we had to welcome the bride and groom with these party poppers which I honestly don't like. The last time I popped one of them, it sparked! This time, I pulled the string, but it didn't pop out the colorful paper strips, only a strong smell of gunpowder. Or whatever it is that they put in there.

Bride and groom slicing the cake.
Pink Azalea room at Shangri-La.

Appetiser. Duck, fried something roll, dumpling-thingy, roast pork and prawn

Shark's fin soup.
It's shark's fin soup! So it must be good.. but, this one was a bit too bland

Lucky lucky me. Look at that big chunk... I've already eaten the other chunk at this point.

Fried Sun Hock fish. My colleague said it's one of the best fishes around. King of the garoupas...
I got the portion near the gut though, so some bites tasted a bit fishy.

Roast chicken. I only ate one piece, because I'm not supposed to eat chicken.

Veggies and mushroom with abalone.

Ee fu noodles. Last of the main dishes. A bit dry, this one.

Mango pudding with fruits.. I wanted to ask the waiter "where are my fruits!? and I want more cream on me puddin'! ".
This was my favorite.

*******************************************************************
Today was my colleague's lunch wedding banquet at Shangri-la, Orange Grove. My second Chinese wedding banquet here in Singapore.
Taste-wise, the food at Sheraton was much better. But, the banquet was fun, though a bit long. I was there at 12:30pm, and went home five minutes before 4pm.

No comments: